Be a Pet Parent to One of Our Rescued Dogs
Are you an animal lover who’s currently looking for another four-legged baby to add to your family? You might be the pet parent whom our dog rescues are waiting for!Simply fill out our application form to apply as a parent for the dog you are interested in. All of the dogs at Finding a Best Friend Rescue have had a health check, been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped. If your application is a good fit for the dog you are interested in, we will call you (and all other potential adopters) for a phone interview.Please note that we may be unable to respond to every application and it may take three to five days to receive a call. Adoption fees are at $400 and are to be paid in cash, check, or via PayPal.
Finding a Best Friend Rescue Adoption Process (Please read before applying)
- You must be over the age of 21 to adopt.
- Application must be completed (All questions must be answered. Incomplete applications result in automatic denial.)
- Background check (to verify that the applicant does not have any animal abuse charges against them)
- Background check fee is $50 and must be submitted alongside the application (serious adopters only)
- Identification card or license is required and picture of it must be submitted with the application and used to do background check .
- Home check (Every room including backyard to check for possible broken fence boards. The home is also checked for things that can be harmful to the pup such as rat traps, poison, wires, and more)
- All current pets must be fixed and current on vaccinations.
- If you’re renting, we must see the lease or letter from landlord approving this specific pet.
- Adoption fee must be given in cash or via VENMO or Pay Pal (i.e. no checks accepted). Payment includes fees for the following:
- Spay/neuter, vaccinations, microchip, flea and tick treatment, deworming, and heartworm test (for pups more than one year old)
- All preexisting medical issues
If you have further questions, please direct them to a board member. Thank you for considering adopting from Finding a Best Friend Rescue!
How Does Finding a Best Friend Rescue Work?
Find an animal that you want to give a FOREVER home to.
Fill out the application and pay the $50 fee to run a background check.
Conduct a follow-up call with the rescue.
Make an appointment for home check.
If all goes well, you now have a new family member to love!